Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Table saw

Brent123
Just Starting Out

Table saw

Hi. Hoping someone can help...the time has come to buy a table saw. I want to spend around 600NZD, am I better off buying a brand new average brand or 2nd hand top of the line? I'm not a tradie but do a lot of building around the house etc. Would get a fair bit of use. Thanks 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Table saw

Hi @Brent123,

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get plenty of helpful advice for your table saw and all your projects around the house and garden from our community members. 

Let me tag @MitchellMc to kick off the discussion for you. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Table saw

Some thoughts...

Sawstop if you value your fingers but it would be around 4 times your budget.

I have a Bosch with the riser stand, nice but the standard blade is fairly ordinary for finishing and the sliding table gets stuck with dust that has to be regularly cleaned out.

Makita make a similar saw and bunnies sell the stand less one which probably has similar issues with the blade and sliding table.

Dewalt for a quality tool company this offering looks to be poor value.

Ryobi it is what it is, would test your skills to adjust it to turn it into a semi decent saw.

Ozito bit better than the next option.

Homemade my father made one, fine if you have no value for your own health and safety.

Out of left field is Evolution 255mm 1500W Multi-Purpose Table Saw.

Utilises patented Evolution multipurpose cutting technology, optimised to cut mild steel, non-ferrous metals, wood and plastic with one blade
Cutting mild steel leaves an instantly workable finish, producing no heat, no burr and virtually no sparks
Multifunction versatile table-top with integral quick-deploy table extension
Mitre gauge with an adjustable face-plate incorporates quick-access positive angle stops from -60 degrees to +60 degrees.

Price $559 with bonus circular saw.

https://www.totaltools.com.au/evolution-255mm-1500w-multi-purpose-table-saw-rage5s 

Tempting if I was going to lay tiles and or pavers as it will cut both with a diamond blade available separately.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects