Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Timber framed double garage and workshop build

Seaton
Having an Impact

Timber framed double garage and workshop build

IMG_1266.JPG

G’day one and all,

Ive just come across this site - how awesome is it!  

Anyway i’ll kick off my fist post with my 12x6 timber framed double garage and workshop I’ve been building over the last three weeks with my friend who’s a retired builder.  It’s soooo close to completion I can almost taste it haha

its now at lockup stage and I’ve been scouting around for workshop ideas (and how I found this site)

I’ll post some photos of the progress so far.  However I’m looking for inspiration for my workshop layout now everything’s at lockup.

Power was just connected last week so have been busy this wet and windy weekend in WA in getting all power points laid out ready for wiring. 

Bunnings timber arrives and studs are cutBunnings timber arrives and studs are cut75768216-63B7-4739-BB46-D2CBE94CF3C8.jpeg

Re: Timber framed double garage and workshop build

@StevieB not alot has happened as have been concentrating on completing my Masters study, however good news is my study is all done and dusted and that can only mean one thing....more time in my workshop!!!  (not to mention getting my life back again)

I have added an electronics workbench in the workshop so will post some pictures shortly, and just about to start on an english style workbench for my dirty / heavy work build using re-cycled jarrah for the garage.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for the update @Seaton and congratulations on completing your Masters. That's a big feat already, but considering the year we've had, it must have been a huge undertaking.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new workbenches.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on finishing your Masters @Seaton - fantastic achievement!

Looking forward to seeing you on Workshop more often and seeing what you can create in your amazing space.

Jason

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Hello @Seaton,

Hope you've been well. 

I wanted to drop a quick note to check how this impressive build has been progressing. I'm sure our members would love to see any updates.

Akanksha

Re: Workshop build nearing completion

How did you get the trusses in the air, Crane or Manpower?

Re: Workshop build nearing completion

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @johnnpaull. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this wonderful project.

Let me mention @Seaton to see if they can answer your question. Given that the trusses are relatively small compared to those used on a house, I'd suggest that they were likely lifted into position with people power. I can't imagine that you could warrant the cost of a crane on such a small job.

Are you planning a similar build? I trust our members would be keen to hear all about it, so feel free to start a discussion if you have any questions or would like to share it with us.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects