Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

otnimus
Finding My Feet

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

I am planning to get a cordless Ryobi lawn mower: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-lithium-36v-5-0ah-18-brushless-lawn-mower-kit_p0088131

And I also need a drill and looking at this one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18v-one-drill-driver-skin-only_p0096074 which is a skin only. How do I know if I can use the mower's battery for this drill? And in general how do I tell which Ryobi products will share batteries? Thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Compatibility of 36V batteries with Ryobi lawnmowers

Hi @pdiddy 

Thank you very much for that update. I'm sure our members will this information quite handy. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tony-b
Just Starting Out

Ryobi mower and battery

Hi. I am considering purchasing a ryobi 36v lawn mower and a line trimmer. The mower comes with a 36v 6 AH battery but has room for a second battery. If I purchase a trimmer with a 4 AH battery, would it be okay to use the 6AH and 4AH batteries in the mower at the same time?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi mower and battery

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tony-b. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ryobi battery compatibility.

Were you looking at the Ryobi 36V 4.0Ah 40cm Straight Shaft Brushless Cordless Line Trimmer Kit? If so, it has the 4.0AH BPL3640D2 battery pack. The good news is that the BPL3640D2 battery is compatible with the Ryobi 36V HP™ 46cm 6.0Ah Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower Kit. So, you can definitely use it alongside the included 6.0AH battery. There are no issues with compatibility between using different amp hour batteries in the machine at the same time.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I'm here to help!

Mitchell

Re: How do I know which Ryobi products can share battery pack

G'day Mitchell

I have the same problem as RobertG. The orphaning of the original 14" 36v chainsaw makes a mockery of the oft touted any 36v battery fits any 36v tool. What are the possible options to which you allude? One of my 2 original batteries has failed.

Thanks

Ian

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @IanQld, and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I'll reach out via private message to obtain further details.

Mitchell

G'day Mitchell. Apologies if I missed your message. Does it reach me via this group? Thanks. Ian

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IanQld,

Typically you will get an email notifying you whenever you receiving a private message on the community. However, your email address wasn't verified so you wouldn't have received it. 

I see you've now found that you can access your private messages via the drop down menu next to your username in the Workshop header. 

Feel free to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Hi @EricL  - was this conversation in relation to a RLM36X50HP mower? I have put a 5A into the mower and I can't get the blades to turn. The guy I bought it from had been using a 6A. Do I need to get a 6A battery?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JenJ2. I see you have already started your own discussion about your problem. I will ask @EricL to assist there when he is back on the site later today.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

JenJ2
Finding My Feet

Thanks Jason - yes I spotted the other discussion. Not sure if it is related to me or not.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects