Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What kind of wet and dry vac for power tools?

Bon
Finding My Feet

What kind of wet and dry vac for power tools?

I was wondering what type of wet and dry vac is ok for use with both a DeWalt table saw DWE7485-XE and a Makita plunge router that won't get much use. Does the vacuum need a particular suction capacity and will the connectors for each of these items fit the same vacuum?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: what kind of wet and dry vac for power tools

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bon. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question about power tool vacs.

The DeWALT 210mm 1850W Table Saw has a dust extraction port size to suit 35mm hose. The machine has a 65mm outlet on the base which also acts as a heat vent. You can either connect a DeWALT 38L Construction M Class Dust Extractor Vacuum to this port or leave it open and sweep up and mess that escapes here. Do not hook a standard vac up to this port as they are not powerful enough. These machines are designed to be used on a worksite so the dust that escapes the larger port is not usually an issue.

Makita 12.7mm (1/2") Plunge Router has a vacuum headset Part # 194934-8 which can be ordered. This allows the connection of Makita vacuums.

With some innovation, you can connect a budget-friendly vacuum on both of these premium machines. This can involve heading down to your local Bunnings store and into the plumbing department. Generally, adaptions for most sizes can be achieved one way or another. Some vacuums like the Full Boar 40L 1200W L-Class Wet And Dry Vacuum With PTO include stepped adaptors to allow them to connect to different sized ports. Additional adaptors can be purchased separately.

You might like to read through this best advice article How do you reduce dust in the workshop?. These previous discussions are also filled with great advice: 

Let me also mention some of our knowledgeable members @Prof, @kel, @Brad and @r23on to see if they have any thoughts.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: what kind of wet and dry vac for power tools

I think Mitchell has nailed it with his suggestion if the work load is small not a lot is need.

if you want to up grade it a little you can add a cyclone collection to it which are cheap to add. overall, all the wet and dry vacs do the job. also suggested is the adaptors that you can get to fit all vacs I do not think you need a dust extraction system based on your comments

Bon
Finding My Feet

Re: What kind of wet and dry vac for power tools?

Thank you so much for the helpful advice! What a wonderful forum - I will post my first project 😀 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What kind of wet and dry vac for power tools?

We'll be looking forward to it @Bon.

Please feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home and garden or would like to share something with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects