Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's the best thing you've ever made?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's the best thing you've ever made?

At Workshop we love to encourage everyone to have a go, and to celebrate a successful project. 

We're keen to hear from you about the best thing you've ever made. 

Don't be shy, even if you're a beginner in the world of D.I.Y. you can be proud of what you've achieved.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

GlovesCloseUp.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Annette
Making a Splash

Re: What's the best thing you've ever made?

Sadly I don't think I have actually built anything myself (Hubby does all that sort of stuff) but below is a picture of one of the best things I ever made - a cheesecake with toffee shards for Christmas Day 2015.

Cheesecake with toffee shards.jpg

I think I've posted about my arcade machine build before, which is a damn close second.

But the best thing probably goes to its close relative, the mini-cade, that I made up as a gift for my best man.  It was a hard one to give away.

mini-cade.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Mick0s. I still have a cocktail machine on my to-do list. Not sure if I will ever get to it. Maybe you should go into business selling them? :bigsmile:

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Best thing I have ever made. Oh dear .. going to sound "vain" .. everything I have made. Am proud of my achievements (even some of the "failed" ones). hahahaha. I just love "having a go" as we Australians say .. Av-a-go Mate!
I suppose my best .. the silver and costume jewellery I make. Have won some awards for same.
I am a "Jack of all trades" .. especially in the Arts-n-Crafts area. Tried and still do most. too many to mention (being lazy here). Some relaxing - some keep me fit.

Congrats!  I am not a "sweet" maker.  Made packet scones once .. had the best "Rock Cakes" in NSW.     :shocked:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@BibbyKat, packet scones??? REALLY??? :shocked: :shocked: WHAAAAAT!!!

On the plus side, Rock Cakes are brilliant, & best in NSW is mightily impressive, so I grant you the perpetual award, for innovation, & for thinking outside the box.

So how did you do it, did you leave out the milk, or was it the butter, or was it both? :cheeky:

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Check out this - I wish I had made it! Can crusher built into this guy's man cave wall. 

Crusher.png

I can't embed the video here - check it out at https://www.facebook.com/sean.nicholas.779/videos/10155007748770376/

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Made a couple of can crushers, bit bigger than that though.

image.png

Made about 100 of these though.

image.png

It has changed a bit since I made them 20 years ago.

At home will pick the front gates but they need new hinges now and a paint.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Nice work @Brad. What profession are you in?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects