Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

pallet bar

Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

pallet bar

Does anyone know if I can get something like this at BunningsCE158C81-950C-4361-B591-FB6C2F0B838F.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pallet bar

Hi Vaseline40. Thanks for your question.

There is no pallet breaker bar available or specific tool available. May I suggest you consider a reciprocating saw and slicing the nails off separating the boards. I purchased the Ryobi One 18v Gen II Reciprocating Saw Skin Only a couple of weeks ago and the time it takes me to remove boards from a pallet has dropped dramatically.

If you would like further information about the project or the process, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

This is from Bunnings A768B1AA-EA9E-44DC-BD13-6DD25C0E22A6.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tinyfeather60.

Thank you for bringing this product to my attention! I wish I had seen this several months ago as it would have saved me hours of effort in my own projects.

It's amazing to see such a unique tool being offered amongst the hundreds of thousands of products in our range. 

What do you plan on making with the pallets? If you were looking for some ideas there's a fantastic amount of inspiration on Workshop provided by our creative members. Many of those great ideas are included in the article  Top 10 most popular pallet projects.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the pallets, please start a new discussion if you have a project to share or need assistance.

Mitchell

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"Does anyone know if I can get something like this at Bunnings"

No - only the Mumme Reno bar which you illustrated - and which I would not recommend, especially for very "tough" pallets.

I'm no engineer, but for some reason Mumme rebated the metal prongs to fit a piece of metal plate (grooved to remove nails) and as a result there is a small "gap" at the front, reducing the thickness of the prongs.  This is the point where they bend under stress. I bent mine on the first go - and returned it for a refund.

Scan0325.jpg

I cant recommend the Mumme reno bar it seems pretty average at best. I Just bought it an hour ago and have tried to break up only 3 pallets. The nail plate at the base is not strong enough and is just bends when levering the boards and when attempting to pull out nails. I have had to alternate how I am levering the boards and nails just to stop that nail plate / leverage plate from destroying itself.  If I had time now I would be heading back for a refund but that will have to wait for tomorrow.

The images below are after alternating some nail pulling from front to back so the pics don't show how bad it bends.

1596955432207536976699041050976.jpg

15969554821797160943368419940671.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Woodster. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your feedback on the product.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Mumme reno bar. I'll pass it on to our Bunnings merchandise team as I trust they'll want to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Your detailed description of the fault and the images will be helpful in Mumme identifying the issue.

Thanks again,

Mitchell

When I went to purchase the bar it was way to heavy for me to lift

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects