Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden bed front fence

timjeffries
Making a Splash

Garden bed front fence

IMG_1712.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My garden bed front fence.

Thanks for your post @Krustyfundoh and a warm welcome to Workshop. I'm sure @timjeffries will be happy to help with your project. I hope you find plenty of other great tips, information and inspiration on Workshop. Thanks for joining the community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
timjeffries
Making a Splash

@Krustyfundoh It's not in the ground at all actually. I used Cypress. Basically it's 4 posts down each side with the 200x50 capping and the tin tying it together. The only change I would make would be to have something running across the middle pulling it together as it wants to sag because it's so big and there's so much pressure with 5 cubic metres of volume in there.

Good luck! Can't wait to see some pics when you're done.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're visiting Workshop for the first time, please let me extend a very warm welcome. I'm sure you will find Workshop is a fantastic place for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. 

You might be interested to read more about the creator of this project - @timjeffries. You can read a profile on Tim on our blog at https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Blog/Good-for-the-soul/ba-p/3303

We hope you enjoy browsing the site and look forward to you joining in the discussion and sharing your projects.

Jason

Harpgirl09
Just Starting Out

I love this! Fantastic work.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Harpgirl09. I'm sure @timjeffries appreciates the feedback. Perhaps you'd like to build something similiar at your place?

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

KellyG
Finding My Feet

I love this idea! A fence that can really provide a little beauty! Great job guys! Kel 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Garden bed front fence

Here's some additional photos of our photographer took of Tim's very popular front fence garden bed. 

Thanks again for sharing your project with us Tim.

Jason

815A3167.jpg

815A3194.jpg

815A3217.jpg

815A3243.jpg

Doonesbaby
Finding My Feet

Re: Garden bed front fence

Hi. Just wondering how your garden fence developed? Any updates?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Doonesbaby. Let me tag @timjeffries for you so he is alerted to your question about how his very popular garden bed front fence is looking today. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our clever and creative members. Please feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

timjeffries
Making a Splash

Hi @Doonesbaby, it's going really well thanks! I just planted out both beds with self seeded cherry tomato plants so am expecting to feed the street this summer. 

The only element I would change would be to have built in support across the bed as they bowed a little when I first put soil in them. Otherwise they just get a light sand back and another oil every year or two.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects