Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix puncture in retic?

Izzy78
Getting Established

How to fix puncture in retic?

Hi. I need help in fixing a puncture on one of my retic tubes. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Izzy 

20221215_185516.jpg

20221215_185510.jpg

Re: How to fix puncture in retic?

Its done and fixed @Izzy78 

Great work.. 

Consider spray painting those shiny new  hose clamps with galvanised zinc spray paint or use any paint to slow corrosion  down or stop it  so you wont have to revisit this  repair into the near future 5 to 6 years.

Coulinjo
Finding My Feet

These answers are so complicated (in store too busy to help.properly)..I found an answer on a US site...little plugs. Back to the big green shed tomorrow!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Coulinjo. It's great to have you join us and wonderful to see you jump into the discussion.

You might like to post some images of the damage to your pipe so our helpful members can provide some suggestions for repairing it. Let me know if you need a hand posting an image.

It sounds like you might be mentioning these irrigation repair plugs. They are designed to fill the circular holes left when removing sprayers from poly pipe, so you'd have limited luck trying to use them on general punctures. @Izzy78's pipe is also PVC and not a poly pipe, so these plugs won't work on it.  

If they look like they'd work on your hole, I'd certainly encourage you to give them a go. If it's a tiny puncture, then you might like to open the hole up with a punch spanner as it will create the appropriate-sized hole to accept the plug.

Please let us know how you go and if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning. @Coulinjo 

"I found an answer on a US site...little plugs"

I would like to see that site - thanks!

Hi all, worked a charm. Good advice all round. Love your work! 

IMG_7075.jpeg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RyanCousins. It's marvellous to have you join us, and terrific to hear that the information provided here resolved your issue.

Great work fixing your leak. We look forward to hearing all about your project and plans around the home and garden. Feel free to reach out whenever you need assistance with a project or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects