Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of weeds in my lawn?

adamlin
Cultivating a Following

How to get rid of weeds in my lawn?

what would be the best weed killer for these on the photos? Thanks 

121BC71D-6041-4FE6-84D5-5B5A723C1CAE.jpeg

  

5C2E1AFB-A506-4B2F-8E15-3DBFDBAD0FBE.jpeg

FE737AE4-F095-4275-93D8-4C0FED62F537.jpeg

D1CDBE80-FA3F-4E7D-901E-A8CF047E1237.jpeg

adamlin
Cultivating a Following

Re: lawn weed

No Problems Eric. Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @adamlin

Let me tag @Noelle to make her aware of your questions. The Weed n Feed usually takes about three weeks to take effect. However, if you don't get any results, I suggest holding off on respraying the Weed n Feed until we got some recommendations from Noelle. We don't want to oversaturate the area with too many chemicals as it is probably not good for your turf. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi again @adamlin 

Lawn weeds are notoriously persistent - it often takes two or three applications of lawn weeder over a period of months to gain control.

Feeding a lawn at this time of the year is not really recommended so I would stick with the Lawn Builder Bindii.  Allow 4 - 6 weeks between applications to give the product time to be absorbed and to work at a time when soil and air temperatures are low and the action of products like these is similarly slow.

I'd hold off on using any type of fertiliser (granular or liquid) until late August - September when temps are starting to warm again and lawn growth is speeding up.

adamlin
Cultivating a Following

Morning @Noelle 

Thanks indeed for the helpful tips. 

adamlin
Cultivating a Following

@EricL Thanks Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects