Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Landscaping ideas for our backyard?

maryamfaridi
Just Starting Out

Landscaping ideas for our backyard?

Any ideas for renovation backyard??

There is just weeds and small stones and  burned turf

Thank you for your help 

20211028_090201.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how can I flat our backyard?

Hello @maryamfaridi

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to flatten and renovate your backyard.

Giving your backyard a new look and feel is a fantastic project to undertake. It all depends on what you would like to turn it into. Do you want to have raised garden beds so that you can plant vegetables? Do you want an entertainment area with seats and a fire pit? Do you want a nice garden pathway with pebbles and pavers with a water feature in the middle? There are so many ways to remodel your backyard, you just have to choose what you want it to be. 

If you would like a place to start, I suggest measuring the area of your backyard. Start thinking about the things you would like to do in your backyard? Do you want to use the space so that it will be productive? Would you like to use it as an outside entertainment area? Do you want to be able to just sit in your backyard and relax? Once you answer these questions, the things you need to transform your garden will line up with your purpose.

Here are some links for ideas and inspiration. 

​​​​​​Here are some amazing transformation projects shared by our members here on Workshop.

Draw a plan, have a look at our gardening and outdoor sections. I'm sure you'll find heaps of inspiration to include in your backyard plan. Once you have your plan, you can then transform your backyard into an amazing place. If you have any questions while drawing up your plan, please don't hesitate to post them. Our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information.

We look forward to seeing your ideas.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Landscaping ideas for our backyard?

Hi @maryamfaridi,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I know a garden makeover can seem a little daunting, but in addition to Eric’s excellent advice, I just thought I’d point you towards the guide How to plan a garden makeover by Adam Woodhams. It really is all about having a clear idea of how you want to use the space, then coming up with a plan of how to get there. You certainly don’t need to do all the work at once.

Looking forward to seeing what you can achieve with a little bit of help from our wonderful members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects