Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to spray on Peach and Orange trees?

Charley1
Getting Established

What to spray on Peach and Orange trees?

I have 2 small peach trees and 1 small orange tree. Do I need to spray them all with lime sulphur for leaf curl and anti rot. When should I spray them. Thanks

Fruit treesFruit treesAC265E97-322C-46DD-BAC2-432226CEE58F.jpeg

Re: Do I need to add a wetting agent to Yates success ultra?

@Charley1   When spraying an insecticide, fungicide or weed killer, it’s ok to add a few drops of dish washing liquid to act as a wetting agent to help it stick to the foliage. 
Castile Liquid Soap is usually the best one to use 😊 if you can’t get it dishwashing liquid is fine. 

Re: What to spray on Peach and Orange trees?

@Charley1  Using both fungicides might be a bit too much. 
lime Sulpher is more for the deciduous fruit trees and also good for mites. 
The Anti Rot is more of a systemic fungicide for Collar Rot ect. 

@Noelle  Just confirming with you Noelle, two different fungicides for different fungal diseases. They are also good as a preventative spray, just not together as it may be too much ? 😊

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @mich1972 & @Charley1 

Definitely NOT both together.  Anti rot usually isn't necessary unless there is fungal rotting of the wood of the tree, as would occur with collar rot.  A good general garden fungicide (lime sulphur, copper spray, etc) would be just fine to control the normal range of fungal diseases deciduous fruit trees like peaches could experience.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: do i need to add a wetting sgent to yates success ultra

Hello @Charley1 

Adding a wetting agent depends on the insect attacking your plant. If you look at the instructions at the back of the bottle, you'll see an asterisk symbol next to the insect's name. For example, the apple moth has a single asterisk next to its name which means that you'll need to add a wetting agent when spraying it on your plant.

The others that have two asterisks on it means that you'll need to use white oil. White oil is an agricultural oil and is meant to be used for gardening only. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Noelle you are the BEST 🌿🌿💚💚🥰

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects