Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$450 budget kitchen reno

Corinne1
Cultivating a Following

$450 budget kitchen reno

We bought 3 acacia bench tops and Kaboodle legs. Is still a bit to do but very happy with the outcome for the money spent. I'd had many quotes and professional advice on what to do with the alcove where the former fuel burner stove sat. Most were just cover it in or thousands to do the work. So happy with the outcome. Thanks to my son and Bunnings. 

DSC_1560.JPG

DSC_1562.JPG

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: $450 budget kitchen reno

@Corinne1 great work! Really like that stainless behind the stove, would make me feel like a REAL chef cooking there.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Corinne1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Mitchell. I am actually a chef. I think that's part of why it worked out so well with my son doing the work for me. He understood exactly what I wanted. Next is the walk in butler's pantry on the other side of the kitchen and sink area. 

DSC_1564.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great result @Corinne1. Many thanks for sharing what can be achieved on such a small budget. Well done!

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. You've joined an active community of clever and creative members sharing all manner of projects around the house and garden, so we're sure you're fit right in! Please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ali2
Just Starting Out

I am wondering where you bought the acacia bench tops? I did a search of Bunnings and they didn't come up ?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Ali2.

Let me tag helpful members @MitchellMc and @redracer01 as I'm sure they will be able to assist with recommending some benchtops for you.

We look forward to reading more about your kitchen renovation project. 

We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @Ali2. Many thanks for your question, I can assist in finding that product for you.

Bunnings offers a variety of Acacia benchtops produced by Specrite, who also supply other timber benchtops. In the product description you will find the type of timber used in construction. Here is an example of an Acacia benchtop similar to those used in @Corinne1’s kitchen: Golden Oiled Acacia Teak Panel. The panels come in a variety of lengths, thicknesses and finishes.

Interbuild also produces a similar benchtop: Golden Oiled Hardwood Acacia Panel.

Hopefully @Corinne1 can confirm for us which benchtop she used in her kitchen.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please let me know. We can't wait to see the results of a new benchtop in your own renovation project.

Mitchell

Hello @Corinne1 

I've attached a diy shelf guide for you to build into your existing pantry. If you have time maybe you can post a pen and paper drawing of the floor area with measurements. But if it looks a bit tight as it does in the picture then a shelf is all I will be able to recommend at this point. Pine panel sizes are optional but the one I built for you will cost approximately $165.00 You can make it cheaper but with less shelves. The sizes indicated with will make maximum use of the panels. My apologies as I have made the depth of the drawing 190 mm but the pine panel on Bunnings site is actually close to 300mm. The pine panel is stiff and will take considerable weight either canned goods or the odd glass preserve. It should help with the organizing of food items in your pantry, get your floor space back inside the pantry and the satisfaction that your shelf did not cost a fortune. One last tip in the drawing I have indicated that the top shelf must be screwed into the wall with an angle bracket on both side of the top shelf. I hope the drawings give you inspiration and I look forward to your final decision on how you will do it.

Cheers!

Red

Corinne1a.jpgtop shelf must be screwed securely with angle bracket to top shelf and back walltop shelf must be screwed securely with angle bracket to top shelf and back wallCorinne1c.jpg6 of these6 of these2 of these2 of these1 of these1 of these

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Caron
Making a Splash

@Corinne1 

Love it - great job!

Wattle
Finding My Feet

Hi @Corinne1 , I am thinking of using the same benchtops and would like your review of how they have stood up over time. Thanks, your kitchen looks great

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects