Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$450 budget kitchen reno

Corinne1
Cultivating a Following

$450 budget kitchen reno

We bought 3 acacia bench tops and Kaboodle legs. Is still a bit to do but very happy with the outcome for the money spent. I'd had many quotes and professional advice on what to do with the alcove where the former fuel burner stove sat. Most were just cover it in or thousands to do the work. So happy with the outcome. Thanks to my son and Bunnings. 

DSC_1560.JPG

DSC_1562.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: $450 budget kitchen reno

Hello @Wattle,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your interest in the kitchen benchtop.

I have exactly the same benchtop at home and my children use it as their homework and projects table. In the time that they have used it, there have been spills and glue stains that are not too noticeable. I should have put a clear finish on it before I let my kids use it. Hot items have been placed on it with no serious damage. 

My only recommendation is to use a clear sealer on it. This should provide you with an adequate line of defense against possible stains.

If you need any information regarding your kitchen renovation, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects