Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

Kitchen islands are a great place to create a feature but are often forgotten (at least in the ones I've seen) so it was great to add this architectural bamboo panelling to a customer's kitchen island recently. This panelling can be used pretty much anywhere - beautiful, hardy material.

I'm a big fan of the half-dowel styling too which is definitely gaining popularity.

IMG-20201002-WA0020.jpgIMG-20201002-WA0021.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

The pre-oiled Teak option is ready for exterior application however the Raw option needs a protective coating applied first.

Where abouts are you located @herno 

----------
Handy and helpful

We are in Beaumaris Victoria

artrato3
Cultivating a Following

where can I buy this product I am in Qld but it doesn't show up when I search the store?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @artrato3,

You might like to check out our range of Castelation Cladding which will allow you to achieve the same look as @ProjectPete's benchtop. From that range, it appears 81 x 26mm Castelation Screenclad is a close match.

Pete also mentions that he's a big fan of the half-dowel styling. You should find this guide useful: D.I.Y. Dowel feature Wall.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Bunnings have some great options via Cedar Sales and Glosswood @artrato3, and the half-dowel design as Mitchell suggested is a nice way to go and readily available from Bunnings. If you specifically want the Bamboo S-Panel profile I've used, I can get you in touch with your local supplier - just shoot me a private message.

----------
Handy and helpful
kettlehouse
Finding My Feet

Hey, Can I please know where is the kitchen splashback from?

Hi @kettlehouse,

Let me mention @ProjectPete, so he is alerted to your question. However, it doesn't appear that Pete has included images of any splashback in this discussion. Were you referring to the island panelling? Or perhaps were you referring to the splashback featuring in his VJ panelling discussion?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects