Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bar stools from a wine barrel

DarrenPage1
Growing in Experience

Bar stools from a wine barrel

20220222_195626.jpg

I had an old wine barrel.  I used the staves for the bar stool legs (sanded & stained) & the rings i cut down & formed the ring for the footrests.  Then the seats are merbau rounds from bunnings.  Sanded & finished with danish oil.  

20220415_134741.jpg

20220501_114554.jpg

20220219_162346.jpg

  

20220515_180925.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bar stools from a wine barrel

Hi @DarrenPage1,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have decided to join and share your wine barrel to bar stools project with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Sometimes our members' projects get featured in our Top Ideas section one day. 

I really like how you used most of the barrel to create your stools, even the rings! Did you need to use heat to get the rings to bend into shape or were you able to bend them by hand? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
robchin
Becoming a Leader

I have some wine barrel staves in the shed. I'm going to try some of these. Great idea @DarrenPage1 

DarrenPage1
Growing in Experience

Hi Katie, i just cut the rings to size then muscled them into position so i could bolt them on.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DarrenPage1

I am just super impressed with your wine barrel to bar stools transformation project. I get the feeling that you were already rolling this idea in your head as those timber legs landed perfectly at the correct angle. It's great to see that you've used almost all the parts of the wine barrel including the steel straps. The finish that you used really blends in with your benchtop.

Thank you very much for sharing your wine barrel to bar stools project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects