Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Built-in wine rack

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Built-in wine rack

Built-in wine rack.

20201108_221059.jpg

Hi all.

Spent some time this weekend making some built in some custom cabinetry to fit into the awkward space in our kitchen to maximise what used to be the fridge space. First time working with cabinets made for an interesting day.

Very happy with the fit and the warmth the timber brings. *Excuse the missing handles on the other door panels* 

20201101_073356.jpg

20201031_151500.jpg

20201031_160149.jpg

Cheers all!

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Built-in wine rack

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

That came out fantastic. Who would have thought it was your first time working with cabinetry. You've made use of that awkward space extremely well and I agree that the timber softens the area bringing warmth to it.

Many thanks for sharing and we can't wait to see what your next contribution will be to the community.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
maestro
Getting Established

Great job @diy_hausdesigns 

I’ve been wanting to do a similar project. Which materials did you use for the cabinetry? I’ve been looking at the Inbuilt Melamine shelving and standard tassie oak. 

Cheers,

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @maestro. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I trust @diy_hausdesigns will get back to you shortly on what materials were used for the cabinetry.

You might like to start your own discussion when you begin to build your project, we can then offer assistance along the way if you need it. I'm sure our members would like to follow along as well.

We look forward to hearing about the projects you have going on around your house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance with them or would like to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our amazing members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @maestro 

Welcome to the workshop! And glad to hear you have a similar project in the pipeline. 

I used 3 panels of the InBuilt Natural Wood Melamine Colourboard panels at 295x1800mm each and some timber screws suitable for these boards. Handy tip, don't get the shorter screws, I ended up using longer (40mm) ones for better stability.

Hope that helps kick things off and enjoy! 

Cheers

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Thanks @diy_hausdesigns, appreciate the details!

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Thank you @diy_hausdesigns  for sharing this project...   That's what I love about timber, it just gives things a lift and fits in most places.

Thank you for sharing this project.

Cheers

This old gal

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects