Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Custom timber roll door bread box

ramoncarreon
Cultivating a Following

Custom timber roll door bread box

I built this custom bread box for a friend as a house warming gift.56090D5C-D943-4B94-93FD-33AB75C5874B.jpeg

346A58C4-94FA-46CA-992D-99FCE529065B.jpeg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Custom Roll Door Bread Box

A beautiful piece of workmanship! What a good friend...
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Custom timber roll door bread box

Hi @ramoncarreon,

Just wanted to extend an overdue welcome to the Workshop community. We're rapt you could join us and post such a fantastic project. Beautiful work! You obviously have got some wonderful skills and experience to share. Can you provide any tips to those members who would like to build something similar?

Please reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback on how we can improve Workshop for you. 

We look forward to seeing more of your handiwork very soon. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

RamonCarreon can I ask what the top bit if for? I had a similar bread box which I gave my daughter but the roll top when all the way to the back where it met a flat back bit of timber. If you have already explained this please excuse as I've only just joined.

I am keen at doing my bit of handywoman work and try to give most things a go.

Cheers
Jenn

Hi Jenn (@Old-gal24)

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and are sure you will fit right in! We have loads of other community members with a similar mindset to you, to "try and give most things a go". We are looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans.

Let me tag @ramoncarreon for you so he is alerted to your question about the bread box top. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again for joining in the discussion,

Jason

ramoncarreon
Cultivating a Following

Hey Jason.. so sorry it has taken me so long to reply.. I learned my skills from my father who is sort of a jack of all trades including being a builder and architect, as well as a retired wood shop and welding teacher. I’ll try my best to upload any projects that the community may be interested in. Cheers for the welcome.

ramoncarreon
Cultivating a Following

@Old-gal24 

Hi Jenn,

Not sure if I understand the question but I’ll give it a crack. I used my router (with jig) to cut a groove that goes down the backside. The roller door actually stops when it hits the bottom piece (at the back). If you want, I can email you the plans. Just let me know.

Great to hear back from you @ramoncarreon. We are looking forward to seeing more projects from you in the future.

Perhaps you could post those plans here rather than emailing them to @Old-gal24 so other community members could also replicate your terrific work.

Thanks again,

Jason

Thank you for your reply.  I meant the raised top, is there a reason for that.  The one I had the top was resessed, level this the sides.

I thought maybe a hidden top for knives or something like that..  Only a question... from a Learner...

Ta

Jenn

ramoncarreon
Cultivating a Following

All good Jenn, 

I have attached the plans below. However they are in inches. My Dad sent me them from the states. You can either scale the measurements or if you’re like me, most of my measuring tools have both types of measurements. I built mine out of standard pine from Bunnings but if you can get your hands on some hardwood (especially for the door slats) I think it would be better because it will fall on its own due to the added weight. Hope this helps. All the best.

FD412742-AC0A-428A-9222-92DDAE9BC408.jpeg

19414AB9-2B4A-4671-A464-9C8B10D200E3.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects