Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. kitchen table

moshiach77
Building a Reputation

D.I.Y. kitchen table

6772C20B-61DF-4F45-AD2B-98B5B7E4AE94.jpegI made this table from some old hardwood boards I had. 

0A49240C-3676-4AA2-9B6F-F18615458791.jpeg

670B2032-4321-4E96-B096-0B3D42CA96C8.jpeg

C7EBAA87-8AD1-4AB7-899F-20E74D535FA1.jpeg

451B26C8-7D74-4D6A-8E0A-8CA79D448E54.jpeg

mattstar
Just Starting Out

Re: D.I.Y. kitchen table

A very nice job. I plan to use a large ply sheet but am not clear on the way to do the underneath bracing. I'll use some merbau 100 ml square hard wood for legs. and probably some left over har wood deck boards for bracing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like a great project @mattstar. We look forward to seeing how it progresses. If you need a hand from the Workshop community, I'm sure members will be more than happy to help. I'd just suggest that you post specific questions, and preferably with photos wherever possible. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome. It's great to have you join us. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve the Workshop site for you.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noah
Cultivating a Following

Thats a mean looking table! Absolutely love it... What hardware did you use for attaching the legs?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to see you join us and jump into a few different discussions @Noah. Welcome to the community! I'm sure @moshiach77 will be happy to get back to you about how they attached the table legs ASAP.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. We look forward to reading all about your projects and future plans. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site or have any feedback about how we can make it even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

chefyash
Cultivating a Following

The timber looks awesome.Did you use Eva glue / liquid nails also??
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @chefyash,

Let me tag @moshiach77 for you so he is alerted to your question about whether he used glue in this table project. Hopefully he can get back to you to confirm either way.

Jason

Late finding this thread @moshiach77  but glad I did as it looks great. I'm going to cheat as Bunnings have a laminated merbau table top panel (2100x1000) in store ATM for $299 and Rapidmesh cali table "legs (@ $54 ea)--I'd post links but can't find them using the revamped website :-(. Or may opt to use 90x90 merbau posts (solid, not FJ) that are on special ($64 for 2.4m).

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @pete_brig,

Wonderful to hear that you’ve been inspired by @moshiach77's project, and we’d love to see your twist on it. Feel free to start your own discussion to share photos and updates along the way.

Sorry to hear that you’ve had trouble with the Bunnings website. It would be great if you could please send a message to our Community Manager @Jason or an email to workshop@bunnings.com.au about the issues you’re finding. We’re keen to pass your feedback onto the team as soon as possible so you can find everything you need.

Stevie

Hi @StevieB . Thanks for asking t & sorry for the delayed reply. I sent feedback on th Bunnings website but never heard anything. My main comment is that th site seems very slow on my tablet or phone so it may be th extra processing it has to do for the smaller screen size. I also find th search a bit hit n miss E.g. I've found things on th site but can't find them thru th search on subsequent sessions ☹️

Cheers, peter

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects