Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Rolling pantry to the kitchen

H3nna
Having an Impact

DIY Rolling pantry to the kitchen

I had this empty space between fridge and kitchen cabinets so I wanted to fill it with roller pantry to make it look better and give an extra storage room to my kitchen items. 

Materials

2400-x-1200mm-16mm-mdf-panel 

2400-x-1200mm-12mm-mdf-panel 

caulking-gun (I have different one because I already own one but this is one example

White caulk

White paint

Primer

liquid-nails 

Wall paper

Flat head nails

Move it swivel castors 30mm wheels

Handle

Right angle brackets 

Pine trim 

Tools

Hammer

Paint brush

Electric screwdriver

Drill

Tape measure 

Steps

Step 1

Cut the MDF board the length you wanted or ask Bunnings to cut it. 

Prime the MDF boards and paint them. 

I didn't paint the backsplash because I used wallpaper, but it was recommended to prime it before adding the wallpaper so that's what I did. 

20230725_192831.JPG

Step 2

Build the outer edge of the shelf. Make sure the corners are at a 90° angle.

Attach the outer edge to the backsplash. I used liquid nails first to make sure it stays in the right place, and then flat head nails to nail to attached it to the backsplash.

20230728_162906.JPG

Step 3

I then added the right angle brackets under the shelves and added the shelves to the backsplash. I also added pine trims to the top of the shelves so it would look better, and secure the items so they don't fall down. I added a piece of timber to the bottom to balance the weight. 

20230730_155800.JPG

Step 4

Then I caulked the edges and gave a last touch with the paint. I never caulked before and it really makes the joints look better.

Then it was time to add wheels and lift it up. One final thing was to add a handle and I was ready to carry the rolling pantry to my kitchen. 

PhotoRoom-20230731_132154.png

More DIY @bohemianlivin

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Rolling pantry to the kitchen

Hello @H3nna 

Thank you so much for sharing your pullout rolling pantry project. This is an excellent use of space near the gap of your refrigerator. It's always handy to have a little bit more storage space. Did you wallpaper the back of the pullout pantry? It looks very nice and adds a splash of colour to the assembly.

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
H3nna
Having an Impact

Re: DIY Rolling pantry to the kitchen

Thank you Eric. This has been my plan for a while and finally I had some time to do it. I did add wallpaper to the back of the pantry to bring up some colour to this otherwise so white pantry 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects