Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dining Table surface finish

algenebautista
Growing in Experience

Dining Table surface finish

Hello,

Our dining table I believe needs an upgrade when it comes to the finish of its top surface and its edges.

It looks pale and a bit rough.

I would like it to be a glossy finish if possible but I don't know what to do and where I can start.

The material is made of Pine wood.

Please advise thanks heaps.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dining Table surface finish

Hi @algenebautista,

Could you please share some photos of your table? It would really help our members to see what you are working with and make a more helpful and specific recommendation.

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dining Table surface finish

Hello @algenebautista

Your D.I.Y. goals for your dining table can be achieved. But before you begin your project, I recommend making some preparations for it. Do you have an area where you can sand the table? This is important because you're table will generate a lot of sawdust. If you sand this inside your home everything will be covered in sawdust. Is the area safe from the weather? You'll need an area where you can leave the table, where it will be safe from dust and rain. The reason it needs to be safe is that the wind carries a lot of dust. If they settle on your table it will lose its perfect finish. 

I recommend using an Ozito ¼ Sheet Orbital Sander. It's easy to use and is compatible with standard sandpaper. In order to protect yourself from the dust, I suggest using Bear Disposable P2 Respirator Dust Mask With Valve - 3 Pack in combination with Protector Clear Ultralite Wraparound Safety Glasses.

We look forward to seeing the photos of your table.

Eric   

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects