Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dulux Renovation range - do you need an undercoat?

stelz
Making a Splash

Dulux Renovation range - do you need an undercoat?

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the Dulux Renovation range. I have research and watch some youtube video, my question is do you need primer/undercoat for cabinet painting?

Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dulux Renovation range

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @stelz. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It is recommended that you use the with Dulux Renovation range primer before painting laminate doors, draws, benchtops and cupboards. You might not "need" to use it but it would be a shame that all your hard work is ruined because the topcoat didn't adhere correctly.

Some discussion you might find of interest are- Painting kitchen cabinet doors Dulux Renovator rangeDulux Renovation rangePainting brand new and used cupboards Dulux renovator range and Kitchen makeover I went dark

We look forward to following along with your project and would encourage you to posts some pictures of your progress as I trust our members would find it helpful.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell.

Thank you for that. I used the primer and the result so  far is great.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@stelz

Fantastic! Make sure you post up some photos after you finish for all our members to see.

It's great to hear everything is going well. Let us know if you run into any difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects