Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How Do I Remove Faucet/Spout? Can't Really Find Any Thing Online

Avery
Just Starting Out

How Do I Remove Faucet/Spout? Can't Really Find Any Thing Online

Trying to find out how to remove the faucet/spout of a wall mounted tap. Situation is friend's spout has broken (the spout keep falling off at the swivel), we have found a replacement. Tried googling it but most of the videos are how to remove the taps or how to do a updated style. Picture is of my kitchen taps but it is the same set up as friends. So yeah just need to find out how to remove the part where the water come out :smile:

20220705_220454[1].jpg

Intended replace is https://www.bunnings.com.au/shaw-mason-wels-3-star-9l-min-chrome-large-bath-spa-wall-spout_p5001615

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How Do I Remove Faucet/Spout? Can't Really Find Any Thing Online

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Avery. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a tap spout.

That type of spout unscrews off the wall. The general method I use is to rotate the spout to the right against the wall. I then use the spout as a handle and rotate the whole fitting anti-clockwise. This will typically remove it from the wall. If it's stuck, you might need to get a tool onto it and use some force.

So that you know, the spout is likely coming off as a small grub screw has gone missing. The grub screw locks the spout onto the fitting. If you were to replace it, that might fix the issue if you can't unscrew the whole fitting from the wall.

In regards to your replacement spout, I believe it will be too large to be able to clear the sink whilst screwing it onto the wall. On the first rotation, you'll hit the sink. Something like this sink spout would be a better option.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects