Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you easily install Practica 600mm drawer basket?

aaedgar
Just Starting Out

How do you easily install Practica 600mm drawer basket?

Not an exact fit, will waste space? Space is 600mm, drawer is 494mm, use fillers?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do you easily install practica 600mm drawer basket , space is 600mm, drawer is 494mm , fi...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aaedgar. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Was it the Practa 600mm Pullout Kitchen Basket that you wanted to fit in a 600mm cabinet? A cabinet like the Flatpax 600mm 2 Door Utility Base Cupboard is 600mm wide on the outside. When you remove the side panels' thickness, it is 568mm internally. The 494mm measurement they mention is likely the basket size and does not include the runner's thickness. When you take that into account, the dimensions sound right to me, and no packer is required. Let me mention the ever-helpful @redracer01 to see if he can qualify that for us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how do you easily install practica 600mm drawer basket , space is 600mm, drawer is 494mm , fi...

the cupboard is 600mm wide, the external measurement is about 630mm.
calling it a 600mm drawer is misleading, nowhere does it say external external measurement, it is not easy to install now, need filler panels and reduces use of space.
actual quality of drawer is good but I don't know whether to make the inefficient effort.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aaedgar,

I apologize for the confusion and would be more than happy to facilitate a product return for you. If you would like, I'd be happy to try and work out what type of fillers you could use. I'll need to contact a team member in-store to measure the unit to find out the distance between mounting points. Once we know this, I can work out what thickness the fillers need to be. Hopefully, @redracer01 should be able to assist us in finding a solution.

Mitchell

Hello @aaedgar 

Practa pull out baskets can be assembled with the drawer slides attached. In saying this you can then place the basket in your cabinet and measure the gap. Should the gap be greater than 100mm I suggest getting the next size up pull out basket. Adding packers to non standard cabinetry to make the basket fit, we tend to loose storage space. However if that is the only option then find out the gap. Use standard non treated dressed pine to use as packers to give it a nice clean look and can definitely be painted. You may also post a picture with the basket inside to give us a better idea and allows to give you better recommendations. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aaedgar,

I've qualified that the Practa 600mm Pullout Kitchen Baskets mounting brackets are designed to fit a gap of 568mm. If your internal measurement is 600mm, then you'll need a single filler of 32mm or two fillers of 16mm. The easiest option might be to have a team member cut a couple of strips off a CustomPine 1200 x 445 x 16mm E1L White Melamine Shelving board. You could then glue and screw one on either side.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects