Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect countertop dishwasher to the tap?

bella45
Finding My Feet

How to connect countertop dishwasher to the tap?

image.jpg

I just bought a countertop dishwasher and it doesn’t connect onto the tap. What sort of connection do I need for the tap??

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect countertop dishwasher to the tap?

Hello @bella45

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your countertop dishwasher.

It's a big help having a countertop dishwasher. Just keep in mind that using it will require you to connect and disconnect the dishwasher inlet hose. You also need to make sure that the outlet hose is pointed at the sink with no chance of it sliding off or being nudged off with water pressure. 

My best tip is to tie it onto the inlet hose with the open end pointing down, this will guarantee that the outlet hose won't move when the machine is washing dishes.   

I suggest having a look at these discussions:

The most vital part of the assembly is the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit. This lets you attach standard plumbing fittings without having to get any specialized parts. The next part is the Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush. Once you've removed the aerator of the sink tap, you'll be able to connect these two parts and screw the dishwasher hose on.

If you have further questions after reading the discussions, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou for your great advice, I now have my dishwasher up and running.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to hear that you are now sorted, @bella45! Please remember to reach out anytime you need assistance or have a project to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects