Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cut fixed pine cupboard?

Ranger27
Just Starting Out

How to cut fixed pine cupboard?

I would like to reduce the length of a cupboard in my motor home. While I cam move it away from the wall I can’t take it out as one end is attached to wiring. I’m wondering what’s the neatest way I can cut through it.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to cut fixed pine cupboard.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ranger27. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to cut a fixed pine cupboard.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the cupboard and the electrical fitting that is holding you back? I only ask so that our members can see the situation that you're in and they may be able to offer solutions on how to go about it. If it is really unmovable, I suggest using a Ryobi 18V ONE+ Multi Tool - Skin Only in combination with a Diablo 65mm Multi-Tool Plunge Blade. This will allow you to cut the cabinet, even if you are in a very tight spot with no room to use a regular saw. I recommend drawing a cutting line so that you will have a guide on where to cut while using the tool. I suggest practicing cutting timber offcuts before attempting to cut the cabinet. 

Please remember to cover your furniture and appliances with a Paint Partner 2.6 x 3.6m Clear Plastic Drop Sheet to prevent sawdust from settling on them. Make sure to use a Bear Disposable P2 Respirator Dust Mask With Valve - 3 Pack and Protector Wide Vision Safety Goggles to protect you from sawdust as well. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing photos of the cabinet.

Let me tag our experienced members @JoeAzza and @TedBear for their recommendations on how to cut a cabinet in a tight space.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects