Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to extend Kaboodle wall cupboards to ceiling?

rocker
Cultivating a Following

How to extend Kaboodle wall cupboards to ceiling?

Hi, my kitchen ceiling is 2.5 m high and I'd like to have cupboards to the ceiling, including the cupboard above the fridge and above the rangehood. Has anyone done this with Kaboodle cupboards, as they don't seem to have wall cupboards that high?

rocker
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to extend Kaboodle wall cupboards to ceiling

Thanks @EricL The idea of the bulkhead frame covered with plasterboard or timber and painted may have to do. Could be simpler as well.

I appreciate your work on this and the result using your drafting software looks good.

In our case however, we would remove the microwave wall cupboard from there as we will want the daylight coming from a floor to ceiling fixed window immediately to the left (on a perpendicular wall). Instead we would place the microwave oven elsewhere. But I'm not sure where! (In the wall cupboard next to the fridge?) Our refrigerator will be no more than 700 mm wide rather than the double door one you've placed. In addition, we'd prefer to remove the bulkhead over the window.

If you could update this, that would be a big help.

Regards.

rocker
Cultivating a Following

By the way, seeing the island there is great as I'd discounted that possibility, feeling that it would make the kitchen cramped... maybe not, and I'm sure we'll appreciate the extra bench space.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @rocker

Thanks for the feedback, I've adjusted the drawing as per your request. I've moved the microwave near the fridge and removed the opposite bulkhead by the sink. To give you an idea of the size of your island, I suggest drawing some chalk lines for your kitchen and putting in a gap of 900mm between the kitchen benchtop and the island benchtop. 

This is the minimum gap you can put in so that you can still walk around and open doors and drawers. The island is approximately two meters long and is standard 900 deep. The cabinet set-up has been optimised to work with all your cooking and cleaning needs. A 600mm three-drawer cabinet next to the dishwasher and a 900mm three-drawer to the right of the oven for all cooking utensils.

The island also has a set of drawers and a 450mm single door cabinet at the end to serve as the slide-out bin location. You can have this kitchen sketch quoted at your nearest store. Please make sure to bring your room measurements and a copy of the drawing.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rocker
Cultivating a Following

Much obliged @EricL , that's great.

Best wishes.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rocker

I hope my sketches helped with your kitchen layout choices. Please don't forget to post an update while you are building your kitchen. I'm sure our members would be keen to see its progress from the beginning to the final reveal.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects