Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Estilo tap handle?

Monty1089
Finding My Feet

How to install Estilo tap handle?

Good afternoon everyone. I am new to this forum. 

My dad received a tap handle from Estilo a few weeks ago. Bunnings asked Estilo to send him a tap handle since the old one came off.

My dad has asked me for help on how to install it. Unfortunately there are no instructions that came with the tap handle.

Can someone help me out with some instructions on how to do it?

I have uploaded images of how the old tap handle looks like and what was sent to my dad.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_0388.JPGIMG_0389.JPGIMG_0390.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install this tap handle?

Hello @Monty1089 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your kitchen tap handle.

Your new handle is composed of three parts, the tap handle post, the round body of the tap handle and the grub screw. The tap handle post can be unscrewed from the round body of the tap handle. If you look into the hole where the post is screwed into, you'll find a smaller hole. This small hole is meant for the grub screw which is right next to the Allen key on your picture.

Your third photo at the bottom shows the old handle where the old tap handle post was screwed into. If you shine a torch into that hole, you'll find the grub screw sitting at the bottom. Use your Allen key to remove the grub screw in the old handle. This will allow you to remove the whole handle assembly from the kitchen tap. Put the old set aside and fit the new handle in place. Make sure not to fit the grub screw too far deep or the handle will not fit.

Follow the steps in reverse when reinstalling the handle. Please make sure to secure that the new handle is in place before you tighten the grub screw.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you very much EricL for the reply and sorry for my late response.

I will try and give this a go. But can I ask if there is a photo instruction of what I need to do? I can follow your written instructions but am hoping there may be some photos I can follow. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Monty1089 

I'll try and get some photos for you as I'll be passing by the shop tomorrow. 

Eric

Thanks Eric. Looking forward to it. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Monty1089 

Thank you so much for your patience. I've placed some photos below that shows you the steps on how to remove the tap handle. To re-attach the new one simply do the steps in reverse.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you very much for that Eric.

I am going to give it a go tomorrow. These photos are very helpful.

Cheers.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Monty1089 

If you run into any other issues regarding the tap handle, please don't hesitate to post a question.

Eric

Hey Eric.

I installed the tap handle this morning. 

Thanks again for your written instructions and the photos. It made it very easy to do. Everything works as expected.

Thanks again. Have a great day.

IMG_0396.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Monty1089 

Thank you for sharing that update. I'm glad you got to repair the kitchen tap handle. I'm sure your dad will be happy to know that its fixed and ready for use.

If you need assistance with any other project, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects