Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove a Shaw and Mason kitchen mixer tap?

joefire
Finding My Feet

How to remove a Shaw and Mason kitchen mixer tap?

I have a Shaw and Mason Wels 5 star kitchen mixer which is leaking from the top of the main body.

I have removed the grub screw with an allen key but i still can't take it apart to get at the bits on the inside.

Any tips please? One video i looked at on youtube shows the handle part should now easily lift off, but i can't budge it.

Re: Shaw and Mason hitchen mixer tap leak.

IMG_2402.jpeg

 Howdy all. So this is the mason and Shaw I have and it is leaking from the top.  Not sure if it’s the same models as @joefire ‘s.  the grub screw is on the right had side of the  main unit at the top, which keeps spinning. Pretty sure I have the right size Allen key (1.5mm) but it is not coming ‘out’ as described by @joefire    I can’t pull the spout out. 

the hand does have a little plastic plug that reveals a hole but not particular screw or anything to undo to get at

the cassette.

I may have entirely a different model of

course!

can someone pls help?

thank you!

john

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shaw and Mason hitchen mixer tap leak.

Hello @johnalice 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us.

That is a bit of an issue when the grub screw does not want to come out. If the leak is continuous, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber. It might be time to replace the unit especially if the grub screw is stuck inside the body of the tap.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects