Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to solve timber table wear and tear?

cc1002
Cultivating a Following

How to solve timber table wear and tear?

Hi everyone, 

There are some tear on my timber table, I am not attempting to restore the table, only want to get the tear repaired. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
Could anyone tell me whether the table surface is varnished clear or stained? I assume original timber with clear varnish is lighter than my table. Thank you in advance.

CC73446BFA-1F24-458C-8527-133877573EE6.jpeg1000BB52-B2B3-427D-9AD4-3550D87CD9A0.jpeg91E6CA00-E484-4A92-9830-026F1990895C.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to solve timber table wear and tear?

Hello @cc1002

Thank you very much for sharing your question about repairing your timber table's wear and tear. I suggest looking at Feast Watson's 500ml Furniture Polish and Gilly's 200ml Clear Cabinet Makers Wax. Both these products will to some degree disguise the faded areas of your table and bring back its sheen. However, these remedies will not provide long-term repair.

The clear coating of your table has started to deteriorate. Putting on oil and wax remedies will delay the clear coat deterioration for a bit, but it will eventually come off. I'm afraid the practical solution is to remove the old sealing coat and put a new one on. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cc1002
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to solve timber table wear and tear?

Thank you Ericl, I will give it a try.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects