Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen and dining room renovation

MakeItYours
Bunnings
Bunnings

Kitchen and dining room renovation

KitchenHero1.jpg

This week it’s the Kitchen area of the Make It Yours home that’s getting a makeover, courtesy of interior designers, stylists and content creators Az and Jamie from The Haus Of Cruze.

In the episode below, the dynamic duo (plus their dog Bella) are painting, re-laying the floor and showing how easy it is to change the colour of a bench top and kitchen cupboards – all in a few easy steps!

They’re also transforming the dining area, up-cycling an old bench and repainting a set of table and chairs for maximum impact. Windows also get a refresh, while stylish sheer drapes complete the look.

Don’t miss the hero piece, a stunning dowel feature panel beneath the kitchen bench, made using readily available materials from Bunnings and assembled in just a few simple steps.

Along the way Jamie and Az will have help from some Bunnings team member, who show how easy it is to attempt the transformations at home via easy-to-follow how-to videos.

Check out this week’s ep below to enjoy Jamie and Az’s amazing transformation.

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Kitchen and dining room renovation

@MakeItYours - find it a little disappointing, was hoping for something better than the usual commercial TV “makeover” show.

MakeItYours
Bunnings
Bunnings

Thanks for your feedback @Mathy. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the first episode. Did you know that there are accompanying "How-to" videos with more detail about how to replicate the projects featured in the episode? You can watch the videos here - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/make-it-yours/kitchen-episode

Dorah
Just Starting Out

Hi everyone, I’ve got a 70s kitchen and I’ve already tak n down the cabinets to make it mine. The problem is, the house is a brick veneer with the wall boards already in bad shape I.e. full of holes and damaged. So, I’m stuck on where to start and how I can replace the walls, open up kitchen -living/ family room etc. any ideas?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dorah,

Welcome to Workshop and many thanks for joining in the discussion.

We would encourage you to take as many photos as you can and grab a sketch of the floorplan of your house, then come back to the site and click on the Start a discussion button to create a new discussion thread of your own. Remember to include as much information as possible about what you would like to achieve so members can not only see what you are working with, but understand your budget and goals. Sharing photos of other kitchens you have been inspired by is also very helpful. We have clever and creative members sharing helpful ideas, advice and inspiration every day, and they absolutely love a good reno project. We're very confident you'll receive all the help and inspiration you need to get started. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects