Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen island panelling - Easycraft EasyVJ

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Kitchen island panelling - Easycraft EasyVJ

I made good use of some time off over Xmas/NY and got a few things done around my own home which tends to be more of a rarity these days with everything else going on. But soon my new little man will be born and I don't want to be burdened with unfinished projects while I'm spending every moment with him.

IMG_20201231_095654_683.jpg IMG_20201231_095654_700.jpg IMG-20201229-WA0001.jpg IMG-20201229-WA0002.jpg IMG-20201229-WA0003.jpg

Both #wifey and I are really happy with how this little facelift turned out. We flipped back and forth on the style of cladding/panelling as well as the colour. We were originally sticking with white so the timber cabinetry and dark splashback remained the feature but if Darren Palmer has taught be anything on The Block it's to "be bold". So we found the perfect green to tie in with some out of other decor and went for a more simplistic panelling rather than batten/castellation style.

Panelling - easycraft easyVJ 63mm profile (made to order)

Paint colour - British Paints Mossy Road

Paint used - Dulux Wash & Wear

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen island panelling - Easycraft EasyVJ

Hi @Manz,

Let me mention @ProjectPete, so he is alerted to your kind feedback about his project. Are you considering a kitchen renovation in the near future? If so, we'd love to hear all about your plans and provide assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Manz
Growing in Experience

Thank you Mitchell

We are building a house at the moment & are considering using VJ lining in part of the eaves to give the house a coastal feel & after seeing @ProjectPete kitchen I was impressed with that also:)

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks for the great feedback @Manz

Easycraft have a nice range of panelling options with some suited for wet area and semi-exterior use.

Really liking their timber veneer range too (interior use only).

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
KathyC
Finding My Feet

Hi @ProjectPete 

Looks brilliant! Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm hoping to do a project of my own using the VJ panels and I'm just wondering what the plastic spacers you used are (and do they by chance stock them at Bunnings)?

Thanks,

Kathy

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @KathyC,

Thanks for contributing to this discussion.

Let me also tag @craftyhopper and @EleventhCoastal who have recently shared VJ panelling projects and may be able to offer advice too.

What project are you working on at the moment? We'd love to see updates and help along the way. Feel free to hit Start a discussion to share more about your project.

Stevie

Hi @KathyC 

Hope you’re well. 
The VJ panelling comes in large sheets with the lined groove already cut into the panel. They are super easy to install and if you need more than 1 panel, they join together with a tongue & groove edge. 
Can’t wait to see how your project turns out 😊

Hi there,

Just wanted to do these vj panels for long but hesitating as i have never done any diy on my own. Dont have any tools either besides a few.

My question is, do bunings cut them to the required size? And plz suggest budget nail gun that can do the job? Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @newbie25,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. We're looking forward to seeing how you can use VJ in your home. 

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts on the community for you: @MitchellMc. Mitch will be happy to assist with product recommendations for this project. He also created this guide for timber cutting questions: Does Bunnings cut wood to size? Generally the service is to help customers get their timber home but if you'd like to let us know the warehouse closest to you, Mitch will be happy to confirm what service they could offer you.

Jason

newbie25
Growing in Experience

My closest bunnings is Rouse Hill NSW.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @newbie25,

Bunnings Rouse Hill has the Easycraft EasyVJ 900 x 1200 x 9mm and Easycraft EasyVJ 2400 x 1200 x 9mm Primed MDF Interior Wall Linings currently in stock. I've spoken to the team in-store, and they would be happy to cut those panels to suit your dimensions.

I note @ProjectPete is using some "made to order" panels in his project, so he might be able to tell us a little more about those.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects