Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen makeover

Lucille
Cultivating a Following

Kitchen makeover

My goal was to create a homely kitchen, not too modern as I dont find modern kitchen homely, but modern appliances, by reusing some existing pantries, replacing the doors with new ones (heritage style), creating an island bench, adding dishwasher and stainless steel hood and walls around gas stove. Added more lights: downlights etc with dropped ceiling. As well as made a provision in front of the sink for a window like panel to enlive this dark corner as well as to provide enough head space while using the sink. Most materials came from Bunnings: doors, tiles, sink, gas stove, hood, laminated marble like benchtop and island timber top (did staining and varnish by myself), lights, paints etc. It took me almost three months to finish it while working full time at the same time. Enjoyed doing it very much. Stainless steel plates were custom cut and delivered by using online service.Stainless steel plates were custom cut and delivered by using online service.

IMG_20190805_121548.jpg

MVIMG_20190805_121809.jpg

image3.jpg

IMG_20190805_121601.jpg

IMG_20190805_121246.jpg

MVIMG_20190805_121255~2.jpg

IMG_20190805_121234.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen makeover

Congratulations @Lucille and many thanks for sharing your kitchen makeover project with the community. I'm sure you'll get all the kudos you deserve! What's your next project going to be?

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're rapt to have you join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Please post whenever you have something to share or need a hand. We have loads of other members sharing helpful advice and inspiration every day. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Lucille and as mentioned by Jason welcome to the community.

Well I have to honestly say I absolutely love, love, love the renovation works done in those areas.

The choice of colours, textures and materials really grabbed hold of the concept you mentioned you were trying to achieve.

Congratulations on what I think is a golden buzzer project.

I'm excited to see your future projects here on the community.

Kind regards Rob

Caron
Making a Splash

@Lucille 

Love the colour you have used for your cupboards - it's similar to the one I want to use. Did you paint the cupboards? Great job, your efforts have paid off and you created a wonderful space.

Patricia64
Finding My Feet

Looks great congratulations 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Patricia64.

Let me tag @Lucille so she is alerted to your praise.

Look forward to hearing all about your projects.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects