Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

NikkiMaree
Building a Reputation

Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

F1C08777-9712-41BC-8794-6E48E7D499EB.jpeg

I absolutely hated the timber look laminate and green tiled splash back in our house. 
so using a few cans of the white knight renew, the hardwood utility panels and white subway tiles I now have a bright, fresh new kitchen. 

E033D9F1-FF42-40A2-9DBD-D485C93D9586.jpeg

FE6F6450-71EE-4B28-9DA6-45284467E577.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

Thanks for joining this discussion @lisaaa and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Let me tag @NikkiMaree so they are alerted to your questions. I'll also tag our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc who will be more than happy to help.

Have you got an idea of the colour scheme you're going to go with?

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for tagging. Need to replace a dark purple with black . It’s a laminate from around 12 years ago - good condition - fairly similar layout to this project . 

NikkiMaree
Building a Reputation

Hey @lisaaa

I painted them while they were still hanging as I just don’t have the space to paint them while off. 

one coat of primer and 2 coats of the top coat. 

the paint recommends using a 4mm microfibre roller so that’s what I used, plus a brush for cutting in. 

Thanks so much for that detail - looks like you did a great job 

Hi @lisaaa,

I trust @NikkiMaree has answered your question about their spectacular project.

A tip with your coats, apply them and then do not roll back over the surface trying to smooth them out. The paint will self-level, and there is no need to touch it again after applying. The biggest mistake people make is to re-roll an area once the paint has begun to tack up. Instead of flattening it, the semi-dried paint gets picked up into peaks by the roller and creates a rough texture. If you ever see someone remark that their benchtop is rough after painting it, this is likely the cause. The same applies to cabinetry.

We look forward to following along with your project. Remember to take lots of pictures and reach out if you need assistance.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc @Hi,If mistakes have done, how to save ? Sand it? Repaint ?Thank you very much !

Vica

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for contributing to this discussion @vica.

@MitchellMc will be more than happy to help with your question when he's back on the site on Friday. In the meantime, could you share more details about your project? Are you painting kitchen cupboards? It would be great to see a photo and understand what you're working with so that @MitchellMc and the rest of our community can offer the best advice for your situation.

Stevie

vica
Having an Impact

Thank you all!

Vica

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for sharing those photos and extra details @vica.

@MitchellMc will be happy to assist when he's back on the site tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing your own kitchen refresh.

Stevie

Cole_73
Getting Established

wow looks great, how did you apply it on, did you need any preprep.

I do see some tips above, I painted mine in the past, but they dont look that great.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects