Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

NikkiMaree
Building a Reputation

Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

F1C08777-9712-41BC-8794-6E48E7D499EB.jpeg

I absolutely hated the timber look laminate and green tiled splash back in our house. 
so using a few cans of the white knight renew, the hardwood utility panels and white subway tiles I now have a bright, fresh new kitchen. 

E033D9F1-FF42-40A2-9DBD-D485C93D9586.jpeg

FE6F6450-71EE-4B28-9DA6-45284467E577.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen refresh using White Knight Renew

Hi @vica,

I sincerely apologise for not getting back to you. How are you going with your project? Have you made a mistake and are trying to correct it, or are you looking to prevent a mistake?

If you made a mistake, could you please take a picture of it and I'd be happy to advise on how to fix it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Cole_73,

Let me mention @NikkiMaree to see if they can give us a rundown on their preparation of the surfaces.

What type of roller did you use on your past project? I notice that @NikkiMaree used a 4mm nap microfibre roller, and this would also be my recommendation as it will give you a very smooth finish.

Are you looking to paint another kitchen? If so, it would be great if you'd like to share it with us, as I trust our members will be keen to follow along with the process.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc As it is winter now ,I don’t think it is good time to paint cupboard. You are so nice and have helped me a lot ! 
Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's always a pleasure to assist you, @vica.

You can still paint now, but you'll find the paint will take longer to dry. If you'd like to complete the project over a weekend, you might need to wait for it to warm up a bit. Please let us know when it comes time to paint as we would be more than happy to provide advice on your project.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc  I will report back my experience when I have finished my project . Thank you so much and have a nice weekend!

Vica

NikkiMaree
Building a Reputation

Hey @Cole_73 I really just followed all of the instructions on the can. 

basically a really good clean with the white knight tile and laminate cleaner and a good rinse with water. 
then 1 coat of the primer. 

with the top coat laying off all in the one direction. Light sand in between coats as well. 

Wow, what a great job, congratulations!

I'm also a fan of White Knight laminate paint. I painted my ugly light grey kitchen cupboards white around three years ago and the paint is still looking great save for a couple of small chips. Highly recommend this paint, it wipes clean well.

I had planned to rip out and replace the whole kitchen this year but priorities have changed and after seeing your post I'm now thinking painting the tiles and replacing the benchtops and sinks might be the way to go instead.

Thank you!

S-A-S-C-H-A
Finding My Feet

Great work @NikkiMaree What colour white did you use? It looks glossy, is it gloss or satin?

dinaandjake
Building a Reputation

Looks unreal! Well done! May I ask what the benchtops are that you have used? Looking for something similar for our kitchen 

@S-A-S-C-H-A 

It’s taubmans Milk cloud and it is a gloss finish. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects