Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need suggestions for budget kitchen makeover

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Need suggestions for budget kitchen makeover

F351D076-A323-4C53-B23E-EF37CE88834D.jpeg

8D5C2389-2419-47B3-B392-EA756BACE8F7.jpeg

A939F8CD-E410-466A-8942-417A342A02CD.jpeg

Hello Bunnings Family,

This is my second post in the group after my living room upgrade.

This time I need suggestions, I want to give my kitchen a fresh look with budget friendly ideas. To align with the rest of our place, we want shades and tones of black, grey, and white with tints of copper/silver/wood.

Please check out the pics and give your valuable suggestions.  

thanks and regards.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need suggestions for budget kitchen makeover

Hi @Monika1,

Hope you are staying safe and well.

Please note that we've split your post into seperate kitchen and laundry discussions to keep the conversation more focused. 

Could you please tell us more about your goals for this renovation? It is a purely cosmetic makeover? What is your budget? What are the current problems with this space that you are trying to solve? I'm sure our wonderful community members will be happy to help when they have a little more information about your objective. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Monika1,

It looks like you could achieve quite the transformation on a budget with this kitchen. I'd suggest you take a look at the Dulux Renovation range of laminate paints. You'll find tonnes of our members have successfully used it to transform their kitchens. You should find this step-by-step guide helpful: How to paint laminate kitchen cabinets.

How much wood are you looking for? I'd suggest removing that laminate benchtop and replacing it with a timber version. That will undoubtedly add some warmth to the space. Your copper or silver can be added through accessorising, and the handle choice would be a great place to start. I love the look of these Lane 100mm Matte Brass Square Round Handles.

I look forward to hearing more about your project and would encourage you to check out our Top 10 most popular kitchen projects for inspiration.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Monika1 

I've done a quick sketch of your kitchen with the "Make it yours" colour scheme. Please have a look and tell us what you think. Using copper or silver accessories such as a vase or ornament will add that highlight that you are after. As trends change you will be able to update your accessories. I've placed two examples, one has the white benchtop and the other is black. This update is mainly composed of painted kitchen doors and benchtops and your choice of new handles. If you wish to see it in another colour please let me know. 

Eric

monika kitchen1A.jpgmonika kitchen2A.jpg

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Thank you so much @MitchellMc. That gave us a clear vision on what we want. Highly appreciate it. 

@EricL, can’t thank you enough for the amazing outlook - on showing the end product. If it’s not too much, would you mind creating a visual image with Black Cabinets please. My husband wants to go with black cabinets and me with white. This visual pics will help us to have an idea on where to lean. 

Regards

Monika. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Monika1,

@EricL will be back on the site after the weekend, and I trust he'll do his best to accommodate your request.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks, @MitchellMc Mitchell.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Monika1

As requested below are the pictures of your kitchen with a reversed profile of black. I've done the base cabinetry in black and your wall cabinets in white in line with your request on your first post. I have also done a secondary version where the oven tower is white and the rest of the cabinetry is in black. Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you wish to see another combination. I will more than happy to change the colours for you.

Please keep us updated with your progress once you start your renovation. I'm sure our members are keen to see the results of your makeover.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Morning @EricL, thank you for the virtual image for black cabinets. We will be commencing the makeover in two weeks, will keep you posted. 

Regards.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects