Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting kitchen cabinet doors - Dulux Renovator range

VanessaL
Growing in Experience

Painting kitchen cabinet doors - Dulux Renovator range

Hi community!

Looking for advice on the Dulux Renovator Range to paint wood cabinet doors. Would love to know what the difference is between the whites and what other tools are needed to complete the project. This is the current state of them. 

E729B58C-98D8-47A8-AA1C-866097260883.jpeg

Many thanks

Painting kitchen cabinet doors

Thank you Mitchell, slow going over the winter with my hands riddled with arthritis, making painting sand and the like very hard on my hands.

I've been naughty with the bathroom, as I still haven't finished.  Covid put my tiles stuck somewhere, and too late for me to keep going on that area, so headed into the kitchen.  So I have two half done jobs right now which I don't like having as I have twice the mess.  Plus I gave my little pop top caravan, an internal  makeover early spring, she came up a treat. New upholstery, bed heads, curtains, repaired a few older cupboards timber under beds and a few other jobs. 

But it's back onto the two larger live edge slabs.  Well I'm sort of stuck there also as I just can't move the biggest one by myself and It's sitting in my undercover area.  Any hints on how to find two or 3 strong fellas to help me move them into my work-shop???   :smile:  for last lot of prep and sanding prior to varnish.  

Will try and remember to take pictures as I get carried away and forget.  Opps here I go waffling again.  :unhappy:

Hope your well and getting through this horrid covid without too much drama.

Take care

This old gal.  :smile:

Re: Painting kitchen cabinet doors

@Old-gal24,

Sometimes I find myself looking for two or three strong fellas to help me with my projects as well. You could drive past a local building site and make it known there is a cold six-pack waiting for anyone willing to drop round after work and assist with moving the slab. If that's not effective, then you could consider posting your job on a site such as Airtasker.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JulesMcB
Growing in Experience

Hi everyone

I loved all the before and afters - some amazing transformations.  See all of these posts gives me confidence as well to start a cosmetic kitchen makeover.  I'm thinking bout replacing my bench top as well but not sure where to start, I think I might have to get a contractor in to do it.

When I start my kitchen Reno - I'll definitely post some before and afters.

Jules

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @JulesMcB.

I hope you have seen this recent article - 10 kitchens transformed with paint.

Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of your benchtop - we'd be happy to help.

Jason

JulesMcB
Growing in Experience

Hi @Jason 

I have seen them and will definitely be going back and using them and making notes.  I will be sure to post before and afters.  :smile:

Such a great community here - so please I stumbled upon it.

Jules

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Reach out if you need any assistance or have questions @JulesMcB. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Re: Painting kitchen cabinet doors - Renovator Range

Hi folks

A long time coming.  Covid has really messed with my plans.  Have been on the waiting list for the sparky and plumber since this time last year.  Sadly not to many are interested in smaller jobs such as mine.  Then the past 2+ months I have been in lockdown again and impossible to get anything done.  One kitchen benchtop is completed waiting for a sparky to remove the old hot plates and power points, the other slab is waiting on a repair, and some muscles to help move it.  3mt long x 1mt wide and only me, I just can't move it to get the other side done.  I did manage to get a few strong fellas back in March and sadly one of the fellas grabbed his end through the sink hole and split the slab.  So have had to repair it and do more work.. Such is life but now the weather is warming up, and we get out of lockdown very soon I should be able to get those last jobs done and get the two slabs installed.  Yipee Yahoo... only taken me a year longer than planned.  

Winter holds me up badly with chronic arthritis but it is what it is.  I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's amazing work.  Please keep sharing everyone.

Cheers

This Old gal

Re: Painting kitchen cabinet doors - Renovator Range

Hi @Old-gal24,

It's fantastic to hear that everything is still moving along, albeit slowly and despite some setbacks. Shout out if we can be of any assistance.

Many thanks for the update.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects