Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pantry door glow up

sjloves
Cultivating a Following

Pantry door glow up

All materials from Bunnings!

Super easy, inexpensive way to fancy up your doors

Instagram - lifewithsonnyjade 

IMG_20210602_123637_324.jpg

20210323_105149.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pantry Door Glow Up

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sjloves. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What an amazing transformation that is! It would be great if you could share some details of how you attached the moulding to the door with our members. I love your choice of handles as well; they're my favourite.

We look forward to seeing all the fabulous projects you have going on at the moment. If you ever need any assistance with them, please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

What an incredible difference you've made in this space. Thanks for sharing your project with us and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

We'd love to see more of your amazing projects.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ari
Having an Impact

Re: Pantry door glow up

Wow @sjloves  I'd love details of the product you used and how you attached it.  This would be amazing on every boring 1995 door in my townhouse!

Great work, thank you for posting.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @sjloves 

Welcome to Bunnings workshop community. That upgrade really makes it so much more stylish, I've always seen this type of make over but have always wondered about distancing. How much space to do I provide at the sides and top? Is there a fixed rule or do i just say " this looks good" and glue and nail it where I think it will look best? Like the other's said i too am curious to what you used to fix the panels to the door. Did you do any prep work before you attached it? My apologies for the many questions, we would be very much interested to know how you went about it. Any advice or tips you can give would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for sharing your diy project with the community. We look forward to your future projects and if there is anything we can help with please post it here in workshop.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

sjloves
Cultivating a Following

So we attached the skirting with a fixing gun! Some people use gorilla glue or something similar. After they were attached we filled the holes with no more gap, sanded them and painted them in vivid white. 

We filled where the previous handles use to be so we could change the handles and hinges to black 

sjloves
Cultivating a Following

@Ari 

We used plain skirting in white! And just filled the joins  sanded and painted. There's alot of different styles and mouldings and some people even use quad in heaps of different shapes and designs

sjloves
Cultivating a Following

@redracer01 

We completely made ours up! There's no rule but with wainscoting or paneling, people usually do the bigger rectangle on top and use curved quad. 

We wanted to modernise ours so used plain square skirting and just randomly chose our design. You can search pinterest or google for door panel designs and choose from there or just completely wing it like us 😊

There was no prep work, we just used a fixing gun to attach but alot of people use glue or silicone. We then filled the joins and holes, sanded them back, caulked the mouldings and them painted them. Super easy

Hello @sjloves 

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques! I'm sure this will come in quite handy for me and the community members who are contemplating of giving our doors a make over. We look forward to seeing all the fabulous projects you have going on at the moment. If you ever need any assistance with them, please let us know.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

I love this @sjloves - thanks for sharing. I'll be trying it out on the back of a bathroom door first! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects