Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Picture Inspiration - Kitchen

Caron
Making a Splash

Picture Inspiration - Kitchen

IMG_2590.jpeg

Looking for picture inspiration - I am debating between blue or white cupboards. Currently have black bench tops which are in good condition and don't need replacing. 

Has anyone done their kitchen cupboards in blue with a black benchtop?

TIA :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Picture Inspiration - Kitchen

Perhaps the wonderful @2Belindas might be able to share an example or two for you @Caron. Or if you could share some photos of the entire kitchen and a floorplan with dimensions, clever members like @redracer01 could even produce a 3D render featuring the new colours. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
2Belindas
Making a Splash

Hi @Caron 

If you are keeping the property and you are doing it up to please yourself, then 100 percent go for a colour.  I'm loving the blues (from dark blue right through to soft blue) and soft greens are in atm too.
Jump on Instagram and #softgreenkitchens  #bluekitchencabinets or whatever it is that you would like a visual on.
It's easier to work out what you want to do, when you are inspired by something that someone else has done and you are drawn to the look.
If you are selling and want to appeal to a large group of potential buyers, then do the majority of your cupboards in white.  It has the least 'buyer resistance' 

So perhaps your top cupboards in white, and some soft blue for the bottom cupboards.

Almost any shade of blue will go with your benchtop.
Have fun!

2Belindas_0-1609723342322.png

Creating a beautiful home on a budget

Thanks Belinda - that is such a pretty colour! I’m keeping the home - I’m in love with Denim blue tones in matte/satin matte. I have been on Pinterest but haven’t done a search on Insta, so will check out those tags and see what comes up.

Thank you again for the feedback. 🌸

Hi @Caron 

Its a 'Yes' to Denim tone blues too!
It'll look great.

Creating a beautiful home on a budget
Caron
Making a Splash

55B3B034-759B-4020-807F-0C2C6DF826BC.jpeg

180E7044-90F5-443C-8E3D-D1339B032A57.jpeg

A6EC666E-BC82-409E-BB91-9291D8CEE061.jpeg

Thanks Jason - just saw your reply, appreciate the suggestions.

I did an Instagram search and found what I was looking for! (Pictures attached for members info in case looking for something similar)

Thank you @2Belindas and yourself for the assistance 😊

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, looking forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen @Caron - very exciting!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Thanks Jason - will share pics once done.

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

I am now also hoping to see what you come up with. I especially like that blue on the bottom picture. 

We need to repaint our kitchen and also have installed a dark bench top (so much more pleasant to work with than our old light coloured one), so your colour choices have got me thinking....   

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Caron 

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the color party. Below are some color schemes on modern cabinets.

Cheers,

Red

CaronS1.jpgCaronS2.jpgCaronS3.jpgCaronS4.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects