Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Play kitchen remodel

linkysmumma
Finding My Feet

Play kitchen remodel

20220716_200357.jpg

Living in a renovator house watching dad d.i.y every part of our home ,one project after the other teaching mum along the way. I decided that mum and Linkyn needed to take on our own little project. Linkyns own functional kitchen. 

First we scoured marketplace to find our kitchen. Next step was a trip to bunnings to make some choices on color and accessories. We went with dulux dura Max chalky finish old navy spray paint. 

We removed the tap and replaced it with a water pump tap we found om amazon which allows for Linkyn to running water to practice things like washing hands and fruits and vegetables. 

We removed our bench top and wrapped it in a stone look adhesive.

We used the dulux dura Max stainless steel finish spray paint to update our sink, hanging pole and the surrounds of our stove top as well as the microwave door. For a more realistic applicane look.

We replaced the plastic hooks with the lane black leather handles and s hooks to hang our utensils.

We took away the plastic handles on the doors and microwave door and replaced them with the prestige pewter antique handle. 

Finally we added the suntuf blue acrylic sheet for a blacksplash. 

This has been such a fun little project to share with my son, my partner has taught me so many things when it comes to doing projects around the house and I have loved every minute of it, so glad we are now able to share these lessons with our son. Very excited for all the projects we will take on as he gets older. Which I am sure will mean many more trips to our local bunnings (lucky they are building a new one just down the road) for supplies and of course some playground time ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

InCollage_20220716_212036442.jpg

โ€ƒ

20220624_121501.jpg

IMG-20220627-WA0004.jpg

Snapchat-1222382169.jpg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Play kitchen remodel

Hi @linkysmumma,

First, let me extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It is wonderful you have decided to join and share your play kitchen remodel with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice for all things DIY and garden. You'll also find some of our members' projects make it into our Top Ideas section like our Top 10 most popular kids projects, you might even find yours in there one day!

Your play kitchen looks like an adorable tiny real kitchen! You have a keen eye for attention to detail and have created such a fabulous project with your helper Linkyn. Were there any challenging parts to putting it together?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Katie, 

Thank you for your kind comments being our first project together we are pretty happy with it and have already enjoyed countless hours of fun. There were a couple of challenges one learning about spray painting plastics the prep needed etc as we hadn't done any plastic painting before. The other thing we got my partner to show us was about cutting perspex and screwing it to the back a fun material to work with but also super delicate in terms of causing cracks. However the biggest challange was proably choosing our design simply because with the range at bunnings we just had so many diffrent ideas of fun things we could do.

Hi @linkysmumma

Thank you for sharing your challenges! I can image the design would be the toughest part but you did so well in creating such a fun project. Well done again. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank You Katie ๐Ÿ˜Š

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects