Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

I wanted a Buffet for the dining room but couldn't find one the right size. This old chest of drawers was close to the size so I converted it from 3 large drawers into 2 smaller drawers, 2 doors and 2 shelves inside. Painted with left over paint from the wall behind it and it does the job, looks good and I'm happy. I used all the pieces I had pulled apart and only bought the handles and melamine shelves from Bunnings to finish.

Buffet 01.jpgBuffet 06.jpg

Buffet 05.jpgBuffet 04.jpgBuffet 03.jpgBuffet 02.jpg

Something very satisfying about giving old furniture a new life. I hope you get inspired too!

Cheers,

Stuart

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

That is an amazing re-purposing of old drawers, Stuart (@Stuardo).

Projects like this are why I struggle to throw old furniture away. I envisage what they could become and then decide to hold on to them. The issue with this is I seldom find the time to do anything with them. Unfortunately, my wife is as bad as I am, and together we are terrible hoarders.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust your project will inspire many members. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Stuardo 

This is an excellent example of repurposing existing furniture! The new doors are perfect! But my favorite part is your choice of paint and finish. It just blends it right in with your wall color. Not too bright, but good enough to let you know that it's custom built piece. Beautiful work! I'm sure it will inspire a lot of our members to give furniture repurposing and restoration a go. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you @redracer01  and @MitchellMc 

I originally painted it all the same colour but when I brought it inside it was too much so I repainted the top with gloss white to break it up.

Stuart.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Geez this is great @Stuardo !! I love seeing repurposed projects on Workshop 😊

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wonderful work @Stuardo, many thanks for sharing. Your handiwork will be featured on our Project Gallery to ensure it gets the attention it deserves and inspires plenty of members in future. 

Jason

Caron
Making a Splash

Looks fantastic - love the handles!

ReneeandJesse
Getting Established

This is awesome! 💙 Love how you have attached pictures of the process! Makes it easier for other DIY’ers to get an idea about doing something similar. I know I am inspired to do this kind of project now! 

Thanks for joining in the discussion @ReneeandJesse. I'm sure @Stuardo appreciates your praise. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about your own projects and plans for around the house and garden. Perhaps a furniture upcycling? We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members - please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

Is your finish teal? I love that colour but you can never be sure over the internet (and being RG colour blind I can never be sure anyway LOL).

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects