Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Retro to Coastal Hamptons kitchen renovation

tamaraharringd
Building a Reputation

Retro to Coastal Hamptons kitchen renovation

No one wanted our little beach house located in Inverloch Victoria. But I saw so much potential. The vintage original 1950s orange kitchen had to go. With the help of a Kaboodle kitchen and a Think bench top our vision became a reality. 

F7A20916-64A4-4BCA-9CB6-F3C7ED0F1862.jpeg

7875FDAB-82F6-4C00-8CD9-998C2F0298CE.jpeg

53F8C0A9-5FD4-4A31-BD4E-C50C63F3F643.jpeg

8984BFCD-FE24-4169-92D5-5F2DEB9FB488.jpeg

76617969-8AE3-4D27-BE67-1A0CB11F4900.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Retro to Coastal Hamptons kitchen renovation

Wow, what a stunning transformation @tamaraharringd. You should be really proud of what you have achieved and enjoy many happy times with friends and family at your beach house.

Can you tell us a bit more about what you did with this kitchen renovation? Other community members would love to hear more about the steps involved in the project and a little more about the tools and materials used. I'd also encourage you to pop some more detail on your other bathroom makeover post, too.

It's wonderful to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you will feel very welcome and at home with so many other like-minded people in the community sharing inspiring ideas and helpful advice every day. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tamaraharringd
Building a Reputation

Re: Retro to Coastal Hamptons kitchen renovation

When we started designing the beach house we really wanted it to have an open house sort of feel. Backing onto the ocean the beautiful breeze in the summer comes flying in the back windows and I wanted to be able to enjoy that from the kitchen. Being a holiday house I needed the kitchen to be really functional and store the basics. I wanted to hide the microwave in the pantry so we had to increase the width to the 900mm tall cabinet which proved very successful. The middle bench is a great meeting place filled with 9 huge drawers. To finish off either end of the island bench we used Vj panelling which really tied in to the rest of the home. 

The lights from Bunnings over the middle bench provide a bit of a feature in the kitchen. 

The tiles for the splash back give a real beachy feel with the mermaid/fish scale style and the green just bring a great pop of colour. 

we are so happy with the outcome. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects