Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small knife block

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Small knife block

We are currently in lockdown, to relieve the boredom, I made these small knife block stands, a single one and a double one, I had some cedar wood offcuts, from a window that I have built recently. 

IMG_0742.JPGIMG_0743.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0748.JPGIMG_0749.JPGIMG_0750.JPGIMG_0751.JPGIMG_0752.JPGIMG_0753.JPGIMG_0754.JPGIMG_0755.JPGIMG_0756.JPGIMG_0764.JPGIMG_0765.JPGIMG_0766.JPGIMG_0767.JPG

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Small knife block

That's an interesting router table!

Been thinking of a single block but the 60mm x 190mm blade has put me off a bit given the end user is verticly challanged and likes minimalistic things. I have a couple of pine offcuts that I can play with.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JoeAzza

Thank you so much for sharing the build photos. This is the perfect knife block, you have two of the most commonly used knives in the kitchen. I've always wondered how they made those slots for the knives. You could actually have this in a straight row allowing you to line up more knives. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your next creation.

Again, thank you so much for sharing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jaga
Having an Impact

Hi @JoeAzza 

This looks great.. Simple, but great...

Based on one of my own recent posts - I'm really interested to know what product you used to finish the timber (and also the finish on the timber table in your photos).

Thanks

jaga

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi .@jaga 

Thank you for your enquiry, for the knife block (Cedar wood), I used Danish oil then when dry, I used a homemade mixer of bee's wax and coconut oil.

The work bench I painted three coats of water based satin clear. Available from Bunnings.

JoeAzza_0-1629775651504.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects