Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestion for kitchen upgrade

gniyaz
Growing in Experience

Suggestion for kitchen upgrade

We are planning to upgrade our kitchen. Can someone please provide your valuable thoughts?

With the existing kitchen, we don't have enough space to keep our appliances. we need more space for our appliances. 

I have below plans.

1. Remove the last door and extend a bit to make space for micro oven. Replace the benchtop if required. 

2. Extend the existing bench top to the wall, add a new small benchtop to the wall(making an interverted U design). Change the window to smaller size. 

I believe creating a hidden pantry would cost more. Please provide some insights. 

Any other ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated. If possible please provide approximate costsRemoving last door as shownRemoving last door as shownSide viewSide viewMain viewMain viewLayoutLayout

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Suggestion for kitchen upgrade

Hi @gniyaz,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Let me tag a few very helpful members who might like to kick off this discussion for you: @Mathy, @2Belindas, @redracer01. I imagine Red in particular will be keen to get exact dimensions of your kitchen from you so he has a little more detail to work with. 

Thanks again for joining in the discussion, and please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @gniyaz

Would it be possible to ask you for the current measurements of your kitchen and the measurement of the gap between your island and the cooktop side. Even just a pencil sketch of the layout with wall measurements would do.

Thanks,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Marlene1
Finding My Feet

I would  extend your cupboard space backwards into the eating area to make the freestanding sink area  wider and put cupboards facing the dining table. I have seen this work well. Cheers  Smallfish

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Marlene1.

It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping straight into the discussion. Let me mention @gniyaz as I trust they will be interested to hear your ideas. 

Please feel free to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project. I trust you'll get loads of inspiration, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing members.

Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @gniyaz 

While we're waiting for your measurements I've taken a guess as to the current size of your kitchen and what we can put in there. I've even done a version of one that @Marlene1 suggested. Have a look and tell us what you think!

Cheers,

Red

Standard extension in "U" shape, but move to the sink to the window to open up the breakfast bar area.Standard extension in "U" shape, but move to the sink to the window to open up the breakfast bar area.agniyaz3.jpgagniyaz4.jpgThis version with cabinets placed in front of the breakfast bar for full space use.This version with cabinets placed in front of the breakfast bar for full space use.Move the entire kitchen 1100 mm forward to create a walk in pantry at the back of your kitchen and a servery window through the dividing wall.Move the entire kitchen 1100 mm forward to create a walk in pantry at the back of your kitchen and a servery window through the dividing wall.agniyaz7.jpgCheck out that servery window!Check out that servery window!Suggested pantry layout,but final layout is at your discretion.Suggested pantry layout,but final layout is at your discretion.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic designs as always @redracer01

Many thanks for the contribution, I'm sure @gniyaz will appreciate your input. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time and effort you put into making these incredible creations. It's such a valuable talent that has allowed so many in the community to visualize their dream kitchens and bathrooms.

Mitchell

Carol_Prime
Having an Impact

For a great visual.  Bunnings website has a design tool you can use. Print out or email.

gniyaz
Growing in Experience

Hi @redracer01 ,

Thank you for your contribution. This is exactly I was looking for. 

I have attached the picture with dimensions. 

MeasurementsMeasurements

Sorry for the late response. 

gniyaz
Growing in Experience

Could you please also provide ideas on extending without changing location of the wash basin. I am planning to avoid plumbing to keep cost minimal. How about extending with similar 20mm stone benchtop and painting all the benchtop to match? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects