Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix or replace cane on chair?

Chris410
Finding My Feet

How to fix or replace cane on chair?

I need to replace or repair one of these chairs. The cane is completely blown out and need to be fixed, is there any way to fix or replace this easily and not break the bank. 

IMG_3984.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: fixing/replacing cane on chair

Hi @Chris410,

Thank you for your question.

Is the photo you've uploaded of the damaged chair? I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem to be damaged. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Unfortunately, Bunnings do not carry wicker or cane that could be used to replace blown out cane. There are products such Jute Webbing and Jute Twine that are similar and may be of some use to you. They can be installed using a staple gun to provide some additional support.

If you can offer more details, I am happy to help further.

Jacob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix or replace cane on chair?

Hi @Chris410,

We have a wonderful new member @EdwardJ who has lots of professional experience in these types of repairs. I have tagged him in the hope he might be able to share his knowledge and experience with you.

You might also like to provide further information about your project as per Jacob's reply.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jacob,

Sorry no the broken chair was in a difficult place to get too at the time of posting this. But the chairs are all the same type, the broken one looks like someone stepped on it and fell through it. 

Ill have a look at the sites and see what i can find. I have found some with online but most were held in via a reed and not woven together.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Chris410,

Let me tag @EdwardJ, who professionally repaired cane furniture. Hopefully, they can provide some helpful advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects