Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

painting kitchen cupboards

dswes
Just Starting Out

painting kitchen cupboards

When spray painting my kitchen cupboards, how much do i need to thin my paint to spray without clogging the spraygun?

dswes

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: painting kitchen cupboards

Welcome to Workshop @dswes and thanks for making your first post. I trust you will find plenty of great information and ideas on the site, plus have plenty of fun. 

I haven't had a lot of experience using spray guns (I used one for the first time a few weeks ago to do my backyard fence) but I believe the answer to your question will depend on what spray gun you are using and what paint you are using. Could you please tell us a bit more about what you are planning to use so the community can provide some assistance and advice?

Thanks again,

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@dswes

Definitely depends on the spray gun and the type of paint. Some paint is designed to be sprayed and you don't need to add any water. 

JP_Finlay
Having an Impact

@dswes Depending on the surface you may need to use a laminate or grip lock style primer as paint will not adhere to glossy surfaces.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects