Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedside table transformation

libby_hm
Building a Reputation

Bedside table transformation

With these bedsides I removed the 2 bottom drawers and runners and cut to size some plywood for a bottom shelf, I glued and nailed the Ply after it was sanded and then filled over the top and joins for a smooth finish, I sanded the top to expose the beautiful woodgrain and applied a liming white and polyacrylic to the top for a buttery smooth finish. I applied a primer, 3 coats of mineral furniture paint and finished with a wax to the painted areas,  and installed new gold hexagon shaped hardware. I absolutely love the satisfaction of completing a flip.

Doing what I can to accentuate the beautiful wood grain or feature and giving it a modern twist with some beautiful paint or stain.

inbound7399626808834844335.jpg

inbound7301224180868132984.jpg

inbound6725498335874459237.jpg

It also feels good about that I am hopefully contributing to less rubbish going to landfill unnecessarily.

@libbys_reawakened_furniture 

libby_hm
Building a Reputation

Re: Bedside table transformation

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bedside table transformation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jillda. It's terrific to have you join us, and awesome to see this project has inspired you.

I'm pleased to see that @libby_hm has already answered your question on their project. 

Keep us updated on your project and please reach out if you have some questions or would like to share it with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects