Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Blinds repairable by us with parts from Bunnings??

ivanptr
Making a Splash

Blinds repairable by us with parts from Bunnings??

Hi everyone,

Our vertical blind is missing a wand/long handle, is it fixable with the supplies from Bunnings? 

ivanptr_1-1628829593663.png

What steps do we need to take to repair it?

Thank you for any advise.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Blinds repairable by us with parts from Bunnings??

Hello @ivanptr

Thank you for sharing your question about repairing your blind.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the other side of the blind? If the turning mechanism is still there then it will be possible to fix it. However, if the assembly is totally broken then you will have no choice but to replace the set. I have placed a photo below that asks if you can still see this assembly. If they are gone then you will need a new set. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Blinds repairable for us with parts from Bunnings??

Hi @EricL 

Please watch two video clips and the picture, are they clear enough for you?

https://youtu.be/VM8arqSPDSg

https://youtu.be/g0DG6zx1eus

ivanptr_0-1629024253587.png

If it is repairable we hope to repair it ourselves.

Thank you for any advice...!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Blinds repairable for us with parts from Bunnings??

Hello @ivanptr

Thank you for posting the videos. I'm so sorry but we do not have the parts for your vertical blind control box. Each blind is custom-made to the manufacturer's specifications. Your options are either trying to find the manufacturer of the original blind or a complete replacement of the set. One option is removing the control box assembly and see if you can find a third-party replacement set from a dedicated window blind shop.

I suggest looking at a replacement set such as the Pillar 60 x 210cm Quil Enhance Vertical Blind. You may also order it in a custom size from Riva 400 - 595mm x 600 - 900mm Custom Made Essentials Vertical Blind. I recommend visiting your local store and inquiring about custom-size vertical blinds from the Special Orders Desk.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric        

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects