Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you disconnect drawers from glides without unscrewing?

papamakes
Finding My Feet

Can you disconnect drawers from glides without unscrewing?

Simple question.

Do the Goliath drawer glides enable drawers to be easily disconnected without unscrewing them?

My daughter is replacing some and needs to take drawers all the way out.

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you disconnect drawers from glides without unscrewing?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @apamakes. It's wonderful that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

Could you please clarify if your daughter has Goliath drawers sliders and you wish to know how to remove them, or are you looking to install them but only if they are easily removable? In either case, they are not what I would call easy to remove.

The only Goliath drawer glides that can be removed once installed are the standardpush to open, and soft close. However, they are not something that you would want to remove often as the release mechanism is tricky to operate. The heavy-duty range is difficult to remove, and they could be damaged in the process.

It sounds like you might be after something more similar to the older style drawer sliders. These are exceptionally easy to remove. You need to fully extend the drawer, lift the front and remove. The drawer goes back into place just as easily.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can you disconnect drawers from glides without unscrewing?

Thanks Mitchell,

I was thinking that was the case. She’ll need to remove often so we’ll  use the older style track and wheel.

thanks again

Papa

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects