Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Change table build

Petemc
Getting Established

Change table build

IMG_0303.JPG

Rather than buying and tossing a change table. I thought I'd get something which would have a bit more longevity. I built this from FJ pine and specrite panels for the drawer fronts and the benchtop and shelf. The box on top is the only bit I haven't figured how to repurpose. 

Learning how to make the drawers was a good challenge and made mistakes to avoid on future builds. 

I find the specrite panels with oil based poly with bright white paint give a really warm feeling and used this scheme for all the nursery furniture.

IMG_0277.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Change table build

That looks fantastic, @Petemc! The wood certainly adds some warmth to the build.

Currently, I have a toddler that needs her nursery turned into a bedroom and one on the way that needs a nursery set up. All our nursery items are a stark white, which looks fresh, but I'll admit it does leave the room feeling rather bland. I think I'll use your idea and try to bring some timber features into the new room.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Change table build

Looks great and well done on using the oil base products, as they are much better if baby chews the wood. Apparently this is because the oil based products “chip”, whereas water based products tend to become “chewy”, and are not a good idea.

I could see the box on top becoming a dog bed?

cheers Deb :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects