Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coffee table with strips of dowel

Mumzo
Finding My Feet

Coffee table with strips of dowel

A while back there were Bunnings instructions to make a round coffee table that may have been made from strips of dowel?. It was a lovely effect that looked a bit like a patty pan around the whole table which was then painted. I can’t find the instructions. I originally found the photo and idea in a magazine which gave the Bunnings website for the instructions. Can anyone help please? It would be greatly appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: coffee table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mumzo. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I've had a good look through our available D.I.Y. articles and I can't seem to find anything resembling what you have described. I asked my wife if she knew what type of table it was and she tells me that they are all the rage at the moment. She's shown me some Instagram images of them, but it has not assisted me in finding our article on it. I am happy to continue the search and hopefully will be able to come up with something for you over the next couple of days. Alternatively, I can try and write some detailed instructions on how to build it for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi there, I saw the enquire regards the round coffee table. I also saw it on the  no. 7 page of Bunnings free magazine July 2020. 

Under Projects by You!

It says if you missed that article on making it to go to Bunnings.com.au/DIY-round-coffee -table.

Unfortunately when you try to do that it just comes up with the Bunnings site and says the page can’t be found????

I also would loved to make that table, so what can you do about it.

regards, Robynne

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Robynne.

Many thanks for the additional information on the project as I can now see that it is missing and where it should be. I'll have our team look into what is going wrong with the link provided and get it sorted as soon as possible.

I've found the original article that they are referring to and have located a copy here for you and @Mumzo. It is also on page 26-27 of the Bunnings magazine April-2020

I'll let you know when they have corrected the issue with the link. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Many thanks for your assistance once again,

Mitchell

TA1.png

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

That with a few modifications may end up replacing my preferred design.

chesstable.jpg

I can see that design solving the problem of round corners on a new china cabinet and a bar :smile:

Thanks so much for all your help. That's the one!

Much appreciated

Belinda

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Mumzo,

I'm excited we found what you were looking for. Please let us know if you would like to share your project as I'm sure our members would love to see how it turns out.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the project or if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

Not sure when we will get started on it but please let me know when the link is fixed as I think it will be easier to print out and read.

thanks again for your help

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Mumzo and @Robynne,

Just a quick update to let you know the link from the article is now working correctly and you can access it here: bunnings.com.au/DIY-round-coffee-table 

We look forward to hearing about and seeing your projects and please let me know if you require any assistance with them.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects